Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Love Where I Live

Seriously, I really do.

I love getting up in the morning to see a carpet of fall colors above me with the spooky clouds hanging lower and lower to pin the earth down and swallow mountainsides whole.

And I love my house. I love all the trees filling the space between us and the sidewalk, especially when the leaves have changed and turn the light coming through the windows so golden that I always think I must have left the lights on somewhere.



This is what it looked like this morning, when most of the leaves had already fallen from the trees and the rain came in, hanging heavy from the mass of clouds above.

Soon I will post pictures of last week, when all that could be seen was a dense wall of gold and red and orange.

Is there honestly a prettier, cozier, more inspiring time than October?

No comments: