Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Another world...another time...in the age of wonder"

There are few things as deeply nostalgic to me as The Dark Crystal. Released the same year I was born, the Dark Crystal has been with me the whole way. Just hearing this music makes me want to curl up in a blanket.

Even my earliest memory centers around The Dark Crystal. When I was about 2 or 3, a Muppets exhibit came to Salt Lake, including the Skeksis. My earliest, and oddly vivid memory, is a snap-shot of seeing the Skeksis behind red velvet rope, while I held on to my mom's hand in complete terror (it's a scary movie).

My relationship to the movie being established, I feel I don't need to go into great detail when I saw this while shopping at Trolley Square last night:




mmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm...


Chamberlain action figure!!! Enough said.

And for your enjoyment:

No comments: